Wedding planning can take a toll on all of us, no matter how zen we might be in reality. Don’t let yourself become a total stress ball before your wedding! Here at Pure Bliss, we’ve met our fair share of stressed-out brides-to-be and today, we’re tackling some of our best tips and tricks to keep stress at bay with our top self-care tips!
Taking care of yourself is vital not only to your physical health but your mental health as well. Planning a wedding is an emotionally straining experience at times and while you’ll always have a partner to lean on when times get a little hectic, it is important to make time for yourself while planning. Self-care does not need to take a ton of time or money either! It can be as simple as taking time to make yourself a cup of tea before sitting down and making the dreaded seating arrangement. Below, are our fave ways of kicking stress our the door.
- Take a cycle class – Not only do you get a great workout in a short amount of time, you can really forget about everything else going on outside the studio and just focus on getting those RPM’s up. What we love so much about cycle is it really is for everyone’s skill level. You can make it as hard or as easy as you want when you set your own pace.
- Fill your home with essential oils – Scents have a powerful way of guiding our emotions. Fill your home with calming scents like lavender and ylang-ylang to promote well being 24/7.
- Buy sheet masks in bulk – Places like Target and Sephora always have budget-friendly face masks in the check-out aisle and you def need to take advantage of it! Go ahead and give yourself permission to buy one face mask per week when you do your grocery shopping and let the stress melt away.
- Indulge in some nice skincare products – There’s nothing like slathering on a new moisturizer or face balm that makes you feel truly luxurious, right?! Well, what better excuse than your wedding to splurge a little bit on some expensive skincare. Taking 5 minutes a day to massage your products into your skin will not only make them work better but will alleviate some of that stress you’ve been holding in your jaw and neck.
- Take a walk – Exercise really is one of the easiest ways to rid yourself of stress. Taking a nightly or morning walk every day will allow you to not only get some fresh air and vitamin D, but you can let your mind ease and wander. Have a friend or your partner tag along for some company. Bonus point for trying some new hiking trails on the weekends!
Remember, the most important thing you can do is to take care of the body you have. Wedding planning does not negate that! Making sure you’re getting the exercise your body needs as well as the mental break your brain needs from wedding planning is uber important to maintaining healthy relationships. We challenge you to do one simple thing each day for yourself while you plan your big day!